Events and fundraising
Sunday 14th July - Afternoon Tea at The Lawns, Upper Grove Common, Sellack HR9 6LY followed by the Bridge Service on the riverbank.
Sellack Good Neighbour Scheme Coffee Mornings - 3rd Thursday in every month except August and December.
Other village events can be found at the bottom of this page or visit the village hall website www.sellackvillagehall.co.uk
Why do we need to Raise Funds?
St. Tysilio’s Church is a Grade 1 Listed Building and is one of the most beautiful and interesting churches in Herefordshire. However, as with all ancient buildings, maintenance is an on-going project requiring approximately £10,000 a year to deal with the many problems of aging, such as erosion of the stonework, insect infestation, wood rot, leaks, etc.
Overwhelming support over the past few years have enabled us to raise the magnificent sum of £140,000 to complete the restoration of the spire. Having achieved that our attention turned over to making the church more usable in the 21st century. Thanks again to the generous support of our friends and the local community, plus donations from grant giving bodies (particularly the Herefordshire Historic Churches Trust), we have recently installed a toilet and kitchen facilities in the church as well as improved disabled access and upgraded the electrics. This is a great achievement which is proving a real boon in the use of the church.
St. Tysilio’s has a Fundraising Committee which also in 2011, raised £5,000 allowing us to deal with some weather erosion of the stonework as well as damage caused by masonry bees, plus repairs to a section of the wall around the graveyard and to undertake maintenance work on the north window. In addition, repairs were carried out on the organ.
How can you help?
- Become a friend of St. Tysilio’s Church - to find more information about becoming a friend telephone one of our church wardens or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You might like to support our fundraising events, whilst having fun at the same time
- You might like to make a monthly contribution
- You might like to make a one-off donation
- You might like to consider a legacy
- Tell others about our church
- Our Treasurer Carol Bourne on 01989 730932 will be delighted to hear from you
Sellack Parish Council is in the process of producing a website and would welcome any news and information you may have for their site.
The Parish Council have vacancy for clerk. Max 5 hours per week. Work from home. Contact Mark Whittal for further details. Tel 07967 226360
Sellack Village Hall News and Events:
- 50 plus Keep Fit every Monday 11am–12noon, £5 each followed by friendly cuppa and chat.
For more information visit the Village Hall Website - www.sellackvillagehall.co.uk